Psychiatric Rehabilitation is a recovery program for individuals 18 and older who are living with a mental illness. Individuals are taught skills and provided support to enhance the quality of their lives. Psych Rehab assists individuals to pursue personally-valued roles in their living, learning, working, or social environments. The purpose of the program is to promote recovery, resiliency, and empowerment so that individuals may function successfully and live as independently as possible.
Becoming a MEMBER of a Club or Group
Getting / Keeping a JOB or VOLUNTEER Position
Continuing EDUCATION / Getting a GED
Achieving / Maintaining INDEPENDENCE
- Structured Workshops
- Skill Development:
- In the areas of Living, Learning, Working, and Social
- Social Opportunities
- Provided with peers and one-on-one with staff
- Skill Development:
- Open to individuals able and willing to participate in groups
Transitional Age (18-26 years old)
- Opportunity to interact with peers
- Includes individual and/or group mobile services in the community
- Reinforces skills learned at site-based
- One-on-one with staff
- Short-term and goal-oriented
- In the individual’s home, work, school, and/or community
- Tailored to individual’s wants and needs
- Group interaction/learning with staff and peers
- The person is at least 18 years old.
- The person has a serious mental illness documented by a psychiatrist, family doctor, or licensed psychologist. Qualifying diagnoses may include: Schizophrenia, Bi-Polar Disorder, Major Mood Disorder, Psychotic Disorder NOS, Schizoaffective Disorder, or Borderline Personality Disorder.
- The Mental Health diagnosis causes a moderate to severe functional impairment that limits performance and/or satisfaction in one of four areas: Living, Learning, Working, or Social.
- The person chooses to participate in the program.
245 W. Race Street
Somerset, PA 15501
Please contact Psych Rehab at 814.443.4891 to make a referral or if you have any questions.
These services are state funded and/or paid for by the Office of Medical Assistance. There is no cost to individuals receiving these services.